Last term was full of sporting fixtures and exciting events!
First of all, a huge thank you for those who took part in Sports Relief week in March. We raised a fantastic amount of money for Sport Relief charity and it was brilliant to see the students and staff get involved in daily mile walks, active lessons and walking/biking to school. Huge congratulations to Mr Bignell’s Class 11 who won the coveted ‘Quest for the fittest class’ trophy!
Ermine Primary FC
Last term saw the mighty EPFC play a handful of fixtures, with a small number having to be postponed due to the weather! After a slightly wobbly start to our season we have accumulated some great results! We drew Washingborough Primary 2-2, a late equaliser snatching victory from our ever-resistant grip. Unfortunately, we lost to local school Our Lady of Lincoln 10-4, a super result for our friendly neighbours! We then played Polyplatt Primary and came out 12-0 victors, an excellent result for our team who showed amazing sportsmanship throughout! We have a number of fixtures this term as well as a tournament at Lincoln City’s Sincil Bank in June, so we hope to bring you some more positive results!
Last term was a great effort from our Netball team. We beat St Peter and Gowts 3-2, an excellent victory. Unfortunately we lost 23-3 to Minster School. We lost to Westgate 4-3 after a closely fought match and a last minute winner from them. Finally, we beat Monks Abbey 3-2! We have a number of fixtures this term and we look forward to playing lots of other schools!
Sports clubs this summer term include:
– Football (Year 5 and 6) each Thursday 3:15-4:15, please ensure water bottles, shin pads and trainers are bought to the sessions.
– Netball (Year 5 and 6) with Mrs McClarron each Monday 3:15-4:15
– Archery (Year 1 and 2 with Synergy Coaching) each Monday 3:15-4:15
– Rounders (Years 5 and 6 with Synergy Coaching) each Tuesday 3:15-4:1
– Fencing (Year 3 with Synergy Coaching) each Wednesday 3:15-4:15
– TriGolf (Reception with Synergy Coaching) each Wednesday 3:15-4:15
Please ensure water bottles, trainers and any other appropriate sporting wear are bought to all sessions.